[TYPO3-dev] Better use pibase while everyone use extbase?

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Mon Oct 6 06:23:35 CEST 2014

Hi,

Am 04.10.2014 14:15, schrieb Daniel Siepmann:
> Hi everyone,
>
> why should I use extbase to develop extensions? Everyone says it's future
> proof.
> But why? Extbase get a lot more work and deprecation stuff than pibase.

yes because changes also means new things.

> I think there were no changes to the old school way since years. But you
> have many issues in extbase and you need workaround.

of course nothing happens in pibase because there is nothing in it. All
you get is an entry point to one class and a template engine which
replaces some strange markers with content. this is really not much.

> So why should I use extbase if I won't migrate the extension to TYPO3 Flow
> / Neos in the future?

Because you don't want to code stuff like queries, argument mapping, and
so on

> Additionally pibase is much faster as it isn't a full blown framework.

A single php file is faster than this full blown CMS.
A single html file is faster than PHP, so why do you even use PHP if you
could use frontpage? you get the point?

> Currently I develop using plain old school PHP using SCBase and pibase
> together
> with Fluid as fluid is the best way for me compared to old marker or plain
> PHP templates.

So you already got fluid which is a change too and gets deprecations and
changes as well.

> And it's fast and make fun. I still can work using MVC and all the other
> stuff as it's not the framework,
> but the developer who decides how to program.

Of course! It *always* depends on the use case! Sometimes extbase is the
perfect choice, sometimes it is not even PHP and sometimes there are
usecases you don't wanna do at all, no matter which language or framework.

Georg