[TYPO3-dev] Better use pibase while everyone use extbase?

Popy popy.dev at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 22:11:00 CEST 2014

Hi,

First of all, there are other alternatives than pibase / Extbase out there.
Many developpers came with their own library fitting their coding style.
Extabse success is strongly tied to the fact that it is entitled as "the
way to code extensions" in the official Typo3 communication.
Yet, while I agree on most things you said, don't forget that pibase is a
very very old legacy, which contains many misleading/stranges features,
while offering very few tools to develop a plugin.

Cordialement,
Pierre Dudoret