[TYPO3-dev] Re: Extending existing domain model - new fields not added to TCA

Torben Hansen hansen at skyfillers.com
Fri May 16 15:56:50 CEST 2014

It seems, things have changed since TYPO3 6.1 / 6.2 regarding TCA definition.

When you create a new extension with the Extension Builder, the CTRL section of the TCA definition is located in ext_tables.php and in "Configuration/TCA/Table.php". If you try to extend the domain model of an ExtBase Extension which is setup this way, it does not work.

According to the TCA documentation on http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TCAReference/WhatIsTca/Index.html, TCA definition of a new tables must be done in the extension directory "Configuration/TCA/" with database-table-name.php as filename. Also the file must return an array with the TCA settings.

I had a look at the table definitions in TYPO3 Core (6.2) which all are as described in the TCA documentation and I could easily extend all existing models with new fields. After changing my "mytest1" extension to the same schema (changed filename and returned array with TCA settings), extending of the domain model worked as expected.

Best regards
Torben