[TYPO3-dev] Migrate to FAL with internal_type = file_reference

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed May 14 21:10:36 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 14-5-2014 17:39, Christian Ludwig wrote:
> bad news, but internal_type = file_reference is a core feature since
> v4.3 and is commonly used by others (simply google for i. e.
> https://www.google.de/search?q=internal_type+%3D+file_reference+uploads
> or look at
> http://blog.marit.ag/2013/01/16/files-ohne-kopie-in-uploadspics/).

It is a core feature, but the tt_content field 'image' was never
configured as a file reference type by the core.

The Upgrade Wizard does not upgrade fields from extensions or modified
fields; it is only meant to handle fields as they were supplied by the
core distributions.

> So are there no plans in extending the Upgrade Wizzard?

Not that I know. The number of people who changed the TCA of core tables
is rather limited.

> Any other hints on where to start writing an extension or extending the
> UW my self or is TYPO3\CMS\Install\Updates\TceformsUpdateWizard the only
> place to beginn?

Extensions can have an update script that can be run from within the EM
to perform updates. You could write one.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!