[TYPO3-dev] Migrate to FAL with internal_type = file_reference

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Thu May 15 09:32:26 CEST 2014

Am 14.05.14 21:10, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Hi,
>
> On 14-5-2014 17:39, Christian Ludwig wrote:
>> bad news, but internal_type = file_reference is a core feature since
>> v4.3 and is commonly used by others (simply google for i. e.
>> https://www.google.de/search?q=internal_type+%3D+file_reference+uploads
>> or look at
>> http://blog.marit.ag/2013/01/16/files-ohne-kopie-in-uploadspics/).
>
> It is a core feature, but the tt_content field 'image' was never
> configured as a file reference type by the core.
>
> The Upgrade Wizard does not upgrade fields from extensions or modified
> fields; it is only meant to handle fields as they were supplied by the
> core distributions.
>
>> So are there no plans in extending the Upgrade Wizzard?
>
> Not that I know. The number of people who changed the TCA of core tables
> is rather limited.
>
>> Any other hints on where to start writing an extension or extending the
>> UW my self or is TYPO3\CMS\Install\Updates\TceformsUpdateWizard the only
>> place to beginn?
>
> Extensions can have an update script that can be run from within the EM
> to perform updates. You could write one.

just my opinion:
this statements shows to me that core developer who created and extended
FAL and those who wrote this upgrade wizard have no respect to others
which are not so much involved in core-programming.

there is no documentation about FAL.

there is no way/ example to convert file-reference-fields as there are
no fiel-refence-fields in core tables.

no extension-tables are converted at all.

everyone who uses any extension with additional tables (how many
installtion are build without any additional extension? (!)) is forced
to convert this tables on his own (or depends on the extension author to
build an upgrade)

one further step to a closed group of TYPO3 developers?

what is the motto of TYPO3?
in Jigal's signature it reads:
 > TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
 > Get involved: typo3.org

"We don't care about anything sligthest different from origin"
and "we don't give documentation about our technology"
is not the same spirit :(

I appreciate the work of all developers and try to share the little I
can give, but more frequently I have the feeling of being excluded by
leading developers.

I would welcome a stable version of the new TYPO3 (6.2 LTS) which is
well documented and supported with tools which enable (experienced)
users to handle smaller problems which are not covered by extensions
from TER.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html