[TYPO3-dev] Translation problem when using FAL

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Sun Jun 29 13:45:01 CEST 2014

Hi Viktor,

On 27.06.14 16:57, Viktor Livakivskyi wrote:
>> But this is only one side of a story. As I've metioned in comment to #21964, this fix is not enough [3].
>> Quote: "fix for that issue is quite simple, but not enough. Because, even if InlineElement->createNewRecord() sets correct sys_language_uid to a child on creation, saving of a record again leads to sys_language_uid=0 for a child, which is worng and problem persists somewhere in BE DataMapper."
>>
>> I've tried once again to reproduce this issue and found, that this haapens under special conditions: 'sys_language_uid' field needs to be marked as 'readOnly' in config section. This is also common behaviour, since there is no need to allow editors to change language of a localization.
>> So, there is still some issue in DataMapper persists. Unfortenuately, I wasn't able to find the exact place, where this happens...
>
> I was too blind to see the reason. If a field marked as 'readOnly' it is rendered with 'disabled' attribute in HTML, and therefore it's value is not sent to the server. Therefore DataMapper sets sys_language_uid to 0, since nothing comes in POST-request.

While I totally understand the use case for having this (and also
l10n_parent) readOnly (or even completely hidden) for editors , it is
just not possible at the moment.

> But anyway, in my opinioin, DataMapper needs to set explicitly sys_language_uid to value, taken from parent record, if it doesn't appear in POST and is defined as 'languageField' in 'ctrl' section of TCA.

I agree, but this would be a rather big change to DataHandler to support
it. This would not be a bugfix any more but a conceptual change in the
complete language handling (which I would support for future versions)

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel