[TYPO3-dev] Translation problem when using FAL

Viktor Livakivskyi invisible.kinder at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 16:57:41 CEST 2014

> But this is only one side of a story. As I've metioned in comment to #21964, this fix is not enough [3].
> Quote: "fix for that issue is quite simple, but not enough. Because, even if InlineElement->createNewRecord() sets correct sys_language_uid to a child on creation, saving of a record again leads to sys_language_uid=0 for a child, which is worng and problem persists somewhere in BE DataMapper."
>
> I've tried once again to reproduce this issue and found, that this haapens under special conditions: 'sys_language_uid' field needs to be marked as 'readOnly' in config section. This is also common behaviour, since there is no need to allow editors to change language of a localization.
> So, there is still some issue in DataMapper persists. Unfortenuately, I wasn't able to find the exact place, where this happens...

I was too blind to see the reason. If a field marked as 'readOnly' it is rendered with 'disabled' attribute in HTML, and therefore it's value is not sent to the server. Therefore DataMapper sets sys_language_uid to 0, since nothing comes in POST-request.
But anyway, in my opinioin, DataMapper needs to set explicitly sys_language_uid to value, taken from parent record, if it doesn't appear in POST and is defined as 'languageField' in 'ctrl' section of TCA.