[TYPO3-dev] Translation problem when using FAL

Viktor Livakivskyi invisible.kinder at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 16:20:39 CEST 2014

Hi, Helmut.

> thanks for your precise analysis!

You're welcome :)

> I have not looked into the details yet, but can you check if the
> recently merged fix for #57063[1] fixes at least some of the issues you
> mention?

Thank you for pointing to this fix.
Actually, this fix also resolves issue #40656 reported by myself [2].

But this is only one side of a story. As I've metioned in comment to #21964, this fix is not enough [3].
Quote: "fix for that issue is quite simple, but not enough. Because, even if InlineElement->createNewRecord() sets correct sys_language_uid to a child on creation, saving of a record again leads to sys_language_uid=0 for a child, which is worng and problem persists somewhere in BE DataMapper."

I've tried once again to reproduce this issue and found, that this haapens under special conditions: 'sys_language_uid' field needs to be marked as 'readOnly' in config section. This is also common behaviour, since there is no need to allow editors to change language of a localization.
So, there is still some issue in DataMapper persists. Unfortenuately, I wasn't able to find the exact place, where this happens...

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/57063
[2] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/40656
[3] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/21964#note-8