[TYPO3-dev] ExtBase and AJAX: "cannot find requested view"

Mark Howells-Mead m.howells-mead at frappant.ch
Thu Jul 31 17:12:46 CEST 2014

> Did you actually read the post I referenced?

Of course.

> The URL that is generated by the VH returns the renderd content of your plugin, making eID Ajax dispatchers (error prone) and page types (Error prone and annoying to configure) obsolete.

1) The URL is generated inside a JavaScript file, where it belongs, which is pulled from localStorage with long expiry at form submission time. Therefore, generation via a ViewHelper which outputs a path in the page source at every request is undesirable and inefficient.

2) I can’t speak for the reliability of Ajax dispatchers, but the page type solution is configured, without annoyance or error, in seven short lines of almost entirely homogenous TypoScript.

Best regards
Mark Howells-Mead