[TYPO3-dev] ExtBase and AJAX: "cannot find requested view"

Mark Howells-Mead m.howells-mead at frappant.ch
Wed Jul 30 18:37:29 CEST 2014

I’m having difficulty getting an AJAX response working using Fluid templates in 6.1.10. I’ve spent all afternoon reading threads and tutorials on Google and I can’t find anything which solves the problem.

I’m calling index.php to access the action «ajax» via the Ajax Dispatcher by Klaus Heuer at http://t3-developer.com/extbase-fluid/extensions-erweitern/ajax-in-extensions/ajax-dispatcher-eid-in-typo3-61/ (customized of course for my extension and vendor).

The Fluid template Ajax.html is stored in my_extension/Resources/Private/Templates.

The action exists in Classes/Controller/BranchController.php, and it’s being read correctly. At the end of the action function, where the view template would be loaded, the following error appears:

The technical reason is: No template was found. View could not be resolved for action "ajax" in class "TYPO3\MyExtension\Controller\BranchController»

(To reiterate: the file is correctly named with an uppercase A.)

Any ideas? Any other references which you use to get AJAX working with FE ExtBase and Fluid templates?