[TYPO3-dev] ExtBase and AJAX: "cannot find requested view"

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Wed Jul 30 23:52:52 CEST 2014

Hi!

On 30.07.14 18:37, Mark Howells-Mead wrote:

> Any ideas? Any other references which you use to get AJAX working with FE ExtBase and Fluid templates?

Yes ;)

http://typo3.helmut-hummel.de/post/90365109335/out-of-bound-typoscript-rendering

Install the extension and use the view helper in your template like this
to get an ajax URL for any action. The response will be the response of
your controller/action with the given arguments.

As this uses a plain hook that is present since ages it should work in
any suported TYPO3 version. Besides that, it has full caching support
(if needed) and does not make use of a collection of internal API
(bootstrap) which is subject to change and hard to get right.

I'm happy to help if you have further questions...

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel