[TYPO3-dev] Re: Extbase: translation handling

Cornel Widmer cornel at webstobe.ch
Wed Jul 30 14:41:31 CEST 2014

Hi Alexander

Thanks for your reply. I'm on the newest release of extbase and typo3. So its version 6.2.0 of extbase.

I had a look at your extension and you're getting the original (default language) dataset. And I was trying to get the translated dataset. Exactly the opposite way.

After all I'm really aware of doing such things by myself because the framework should handle those cms-functionality by default. But now I've found a way "around".

When I set the following settings in the initializeObject-Method of the repository everything is fetched correctly and magically the translations where fetched corrected.

public function initializeObject() {
	$querySettings = $this->objectManager->create('TYPO3\\CMS\\Extbase\\Persistence\\Generic\\Typo3QuerySettings');
	$querySettings->setRespectSysLanguage(false);
	$this->setDefaultQuerySettings($querySettings);
}

Keep in mind that this settings also depend on the typoscript-settings (sys_language_mode, sys_language_overlay).
With this settings its not possible to have one category only in a specific language.

PS: After installing our extension and creating some default objects (categories, events, speakers, etc.) the list-view doesn't show any entries. Maybe theres some dependencies (typoscript-settings, beside storagePid) that should noted in the manual.