[TYPO3-dev] Contribution to community extensions

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Aug 19 18:18:11 CEST 2014

Hi Christian,

Christian Weiske wrote:

> In a time at which tagging and pushing a repository is enough to deploy
> whole applications, downloading a zip file, then logging into typo3,
> navigating to the extension upload page and manually uploading the zip
> file is too much. Frictionless is different.

At some point, the TER will allow tagging from within git. Most likely,
there will be a synchronized composer repository too. However this needs
some more refactoring on the TER side (at least we have a job queue now).

Also it would be helpful if we could drop the old soap API on TER (e.g once
4.5 is dead in a year or so).

Everyone is welcome to contribute the the t3o infrastructure and the TER
code. Get in touch with me or any of the t3o folks if you want to help out
or just join one of the community tools sprints.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!