[TYPO3-dev] Contribution to community extensions

Christian Futterlieb christian at futterlieb.ch
Mon Aug 18 11:32:21 CEST 2014

Hi,

I like the approach of having all development and -tools on the typo3
infrastructure, because of the (maybe naive) thought that what belongs
to typo3 happens at typo3. I search for extensions in TER, read
documentation on docs.typo3.org and when I experience a problem my first
address is forge.typo3.org.

The main topics, that I'm interested in as a developer and that could
get an improvement are:

1. Getting new extension (versions) into TER
Like Christian Weiske I miss the 'Upload to TER' feature. The ext
repository is imho too important to stay with a simple uploader on the
typo3.org website. Whatever solution this will be, I'd vote for
something that is maintained by a typo3 team and therefore much more
trustworthy than any third-party extension (maybe from github.. [no,
just joking]).

2. VCS on forge
As Xavier pointed out, it should be possible to select git as VCS when
starting a project on forge.

With the collaboration on forge I'm ok. It covers the tools/features an
average extension project needs. I do not miss a github-style PR feature
(even though people would welcome it), creating a patchfile is not that
hard (at least people which provide code changes should be familiar with
that).
And it is possible to enhance the value of forge (apart from gerrit)
with i.e.:
- A 'release to TER' feature (w/ automatic tagging,
ext_emconf.php/composer.json generation, changelog creation, creating a
news entry, etc)
- Translation repositories
- ..

Regards, Christian