[TYPO3-dev] Contribution to community extensions

Christian Weiske christian.weiske at netresearch.de
Mon Aug 18 10:15:28 CEST 2014

Hello Jigal,

>> I see it as a total and utter failure that uploading extensions is so
>> hard with 6.2. There was a working solution, but that was thrown away
>> without thinking. No, I don't want to start a discussion about that.
>
>Tip: the Extension Manager in 6.x has an option to download an
>extension as a zip file. These files can be directly used for
>uploading to t3o.

In a time at which tagging and pushing a repository is enough to deploy
whole applications, downloading a zip file, then logging into typo3,
navigating to the extension upload page and manually uploading the zip
file is too much. Frictionless is different.

Also, this is way worse than what we had in 4.5.

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-= Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 =-