[TYPO3-dev] Contribution to community extensions

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sat Aug 16 11:37:56 CEST 2014

Hi Xavier,

Xavier Perseguers wrote:

> 4) Some extensions are now continuously developed on GitHub (or similar
> platforms) and authors are not really releasing anything anymore on TER,
> or - similar problem - the extension is forked many times and nobody
> (from the outside) can easily say which fork is "the best to take".

We definitely need a way to import external git tags. That could happen on
an automated way. But I fear that this feature has to wait until next year,
once 4.5 runs out and we can drop some legacy structures on TER.
We can then drop ext_emconf.php too and focus on composer.json files
(providing an automatic convert for legacy extensions).
At that time, we might also have a much tighter composer integration and
composer install might become the common way to install CMS - just dreaming.

;)

Until then, we should have upgraded t3o to 6.2, providing an more
sophisticated platform for further developments than 4.5.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!