[TYPO3-dev] /index.php on servers without symlinks

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Aug 6 23:35:24 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 6-8-2014 22:32, Jan Bartels wrote:
> Our managed server does not allow symlinks on files.

Really?? Oh my...

[...]
> This workaround runs at our installation without any problems since a
> few years, but the install-tool of Typo3 6.2 complains that the
> /index.php is not a symlink. Accordingly, the install-tool does not
> allow core-updates.

Well, the option to update the core from the Install Tool won't work. As
in previous years you could do the update manually.

I guess you have a few choices:

1. ask hoster to enable symlinks (any serious hoster will allow them)
2. do the updates manually
3. change hoster (not a bad choice IMO)

--
Jigal van Hemert