[TYPO3-dev] EXT Extension uploader (extension_uploader) - no upload to TER

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Thu Sep 19 08:36:51 CEST 2013

Hi,

> But we can set up rules which we think make sense for the platform
> (which is the TYPO3 Core and the TER) in total.
>
> There is a broad consensus which TYPO3 versions are supported for what
> amount of time. It has been decided that this support policy should be
> reflected in the TER as it belongs to the platform.

Exactly. TER is hosted on typo3.org, this is something official that to
some extent is endorsed by the community. Just as an app store has rules
to have the privilege to be hosted and listed there, the TER does.

We don't ask much from extension authors, just that they show they are
still willing to support an extension by checking it at least from time
to time (that is when a new version is rolled out), adapt it if needed
and upload a new version stating that it is "still" compatible.

This is not to bother anyone but to help end users to wisely choose
which extension is likely to be "better suited" than another.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6