[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-performance] Scaling TYPO3 horizontally

Christian Ludwig cl at viazenetti.de
Tue Sep 17 17:57:21 CEST 2013

Hi Stefan,

Due to the small amount of hits on these pages there was no need in
caching the dynamic pages. We are using a patched version of moc_varnish
(or is there an other extension for TYPO3?) and tried out the "ESI
Features", but unfortunately they did not work out of the box. Because
of the lack of budget and time and enough performance, we could not digg
further into ESI.

We prefered using NginX as a https proxy only (without caching) because
we wanted all caching to be managed and configured in one central
application. In addition Varnish holds its cache in memory what is much
faster than fetching static files from disk.

Greetings
Christian