[TYPO3-dev] EXT Extension uploader (extension_uploader) - no upload to TER

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Sep 11 14:33:02 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 11-9-2013 13:42, Michael Schams wrote:
> On 11/09/13 20:24, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> Can you explain why this should be a bug in TER and not in Extension
>> Uploader?
>
> I expected this question ;-) ...and it's quite legitimate. It took me a
> while to dig into the code, before I decided, I create a patch for TER
> and not for EXT:extension_uploader.
>
> When EU (Extension Uploader) creates $data for the SOAP request, which
> includes the TYPO3 dependency, it sends the dependencies as an object,
> which I think is legitimate (the WSDL file does not specify this due to
> the cascading).
>
> See file "Classes/Upload/ExtensionDataCollector.php"
> Methods getDataForExtension() and getDependenciesArray()

Take a look in the EM of 4.7 and you'll find in
sysext/em/classes/connection/tx_em_Connection_Ter::uploadToTER that the
entire data block is an array. I've only taken a quick look, but I
couldn't see a single object in the extension data.

Of course EU can do as it pleases, but if it sends data as an object
while TER expects an array (even thought the WSDL is inconclusive about
it) and the old EM code clearly sends it as an array, the conclusion is
simple IMO.

>> Furthermore, TER returns an error description. This is shown in the EM,
>> but apparently not in Extension Uploader. This seems also a bug to me in
>> that tool.
>
> That's right and very annoying. However, not relevant to this discussion
> :-)

Well, it shows that EU doesn't seem to follow the situation in the old
EMs in more than one aspect. If the functionality was the same (or
better) than the code in the old EM both problems would not have occured.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!