[TYPO3-dev] EXT Extension uploader (extension_uploader) - no upload to TER

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Sep 11 12:24:10 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 11-9-2013 11:53, Michael Schams wrote:
> On 11/09/13 18:41, Robert Gonda wrote:
>
>> Extension Uploader can not upload to TER, still return message:
>> Connection error when trying to contact the repository.
>
> Two possibilities:
>
> (1) Did you set a valid TYPO3 dependency (min and max version) in the
> extension you try to upload?
>
> http://typo3.org/news/article/announcing-ter-cleanup-process/
> http://typo3.org/news/article/ter-new-requirement-for-extension-upload/
>
> (2) The new version of TER breaks uploads by Extension Uploader
>
> If the new version of TER [1] has been installed on typo3.org recently,
> it is possible that EXT:extension_uploader [2] does not work any more. I
> reported this on forge:
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/51645
>
> As I see it, this is caused by TER's behaviour how to deal with SOAP
> requests and in particular, the TYPO3 dependency settings. If
> dependencies were passed as an object rather than an array (which is the
> case when you use EXT:extension_uploader), TER can not extract the
> information and rejects the upload.

Can you explain why this should be a bug in TER and not in Extension
Uploader? The EM in 4.5-4.7 works with dependencies set in the extension
when doing an upload. If the handling in Extension Uploader is different
it looks like a problem in Extension Uploader.

Furthermore, TER returns an error description. This is shown in the EM,
but apparently not in Extension Uploader. This seems also a bug to me in
that tool.

What do you think?

--
Jigal van Hemert