[TYPO3-dev] where is TYPO3 6.2 Extension Developer information

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Oct 30 11:49:18 CET 2013

Hello,

Franz Holzinger wrote:
> Hello Xavier,
> Le 30. 10. 13 08:37, Xavier Perseguers a écrit :
>>> ----------------------------
>>> DELETE EXTENSION FROM SERVER (in the 'Local' location
>>> 'typo3conf/ext/db_list/'!)
>>>
>>> (Maybe you should make a backup first, see above.)
>>
>> Do it with a FTP client or using SSH. I agree this could find its way to
>> the EM because I consider it "part of the EM domain", as an action icon
>> when an extension is deactivated.

As Philipp pointed out, it's actually already the case, you take an
extension that is not a system extension, if it is deactivated, the
action icons show a trash icon to remove the extension from the server,
so no need to change anything, the functionality is already implemented.

>>> Update EM_CONF
>>> If files are changed, added or removed to an extension this is normally
>>> detected and displayed so you know that this extension has been altered
>>> locally and may need to be uploaded or at least not overwritten.
>>> Updating this file will reset this check.
>>>
>>> Update extension EM_CONF file (in the 'Local' location
>>> 'typo3conf/ext/db_list/'!)
>>> ------------------------
>>>
>>> How can I execute these 2 steps under TYPO3 6.2?
>>
>> This is typically considered a developer task and not something an
>> integrator should do (he is not supposed to modify an extension) and as
>> such you should rely on external (developer) tools such as
>> https://github.com/etobi/Typo3ExtensionUtils (md5 update is not yet
>> available though). It is done automatically for you when you upload your
>> extension to TER under 4.x and I'm sure you find this task in some
>> developer extension, for instance I would expect it to be part of
>> extdeveval (but did not check if it is implemented).
>
> I have downloaded and tried out the Typo3ExtensionUtils.
> I have discovered that the md5 update feature is not there.

This is exactly what I wrote in my answer, this tool is *supposed* to do
it (according to the feature list) but it is not yet implemented (as
stated in my answer and in the Github repository).

> I do not want to use ExtDevEval.

That's another story. You're right that it probably isn't compatible
with 6.2 but this is an extension for developers so this would be a good
place to get this feature. If it is not yet compatible with 6.2 it
probably would make sense to fix it (but time is limited as usual), if
then you don't *want* to use it...

Regarde Typo3ExtensionUtils, I'm sure Tobias would be very glad to get a
pull request to actually implement this planned feature but I guess that
his time is limited as well and this is why it's not yet available.

We actively use this extension on docs.typo3.org to fetch extensions in
order to render their documentation so I consider this tool "the good
one" and as such would like to see this feature implemented there any way.

So maybe you could come up with a patch to get this feature, inspired
from EM's code in 4.x into either extdeveval or Typo3ExtensionUtils?

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6