[TYPO3-dev] where is TYPO3 6.2 Extension Developer information

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Wed Oct 30 09:34:39 CET 2013

Hello Xavier,
Le 30. 10. 13 08:37, Xavier Perseguers a écrit :
>> ----------------------------
>> DELETE EXTENSION FROM SERVER (in the 'Local' location
>> 'typo3conf/ext/db_list/'!)
>>
>> (Maybe you should make a backup first, see above.)
>
> Do it with a FTP client or using SSH. I agree this could find its way to
> the EM because I consider it "part of the EM domain", as an action icon
> when an extension is deactivated.

But on many customer's TYPO3 websites it happens that you cannot use FTP
because the extension write rights are only given to the Apache user.
You you need a PHP script which will DELETE those extensions before you
can use FTP to upload them again. Only after this step you can modify
the PHP code. It would be too slow to use the EM's file manager to edit
the files.

>> Update EM_CONF
>> If files are changed, added or removed to an extension this is normally
>> detected and displayed so you know that this extension has been altered
>> locally and may need to be uploaded or at least not overwritten.
>> Updating this file will reset this check.
>>
>> Update extension EM_CONF file (in the 'Local' location
>> 'typo3conf/ext/db_list/'!)
>> ------------------------
>>
>> How can I execute these 2 steps under TYPO3 6.2?
>
> This is typically considered a developer task and not something an
> integrator should do (he is not supposed to modify an extension) and as
> such you should rely on external (developer) tools such as
> https://github.com/etobi/Typo3ExtensionUtils (md5 update is not yet
> available though). It is done automatically for you when you upload your
> extension to TER under 4.x and I'm sure you find this task in some
> developer extension, for instance I would expect it to be part of
> extdeveval (but did not check if it is implemented).

I have downloaded and tried out the Typo3ExtensionUtils.
I have discovered that the md5 update feature is not there.

I do not want to use ExtDevEval.

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/extdeveval
Version 	3.3.2 stable
Last uploaded 	June 22, 2012
Dependencies 	none

It has no dependancy set on TYPO3 6.2. So it is not ready for any TYPO3
6.x version. I am afraid that it would again lead into troubles to
install it. I remember that I had big troubles with extdeveval the last
time when I did install it.

Please inform me when there is a tool for updating of the md5 file
checksums under TYPO3 6.2.

- Franz