[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 cache -> Redis

Robert Wildling rowild at gmx.net
Tue Nov 26 21:13:14 CET 2013

Thanks, Philipp, for your very helpful explanations!!

Any chance you could elaborate a bit on the security problem that would
arise using both Redis and Varnish?

 From what I understand, Varnish is good for FE (only). But would Redis
not also be a speed benefit for the BE?

On another site I read that for Redis phpRedis needs to be installed. So
I assume a similar package would be needed for, let's say, MongoDB?

All the best,
Robert