[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 cache -> Redis

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Nov 26 13:38:34 CET 2013

Hi Robert,

AFAIK some bigger sites already use redis as cache as it does a better job
then memcache in most cases.

Robert Wildling wrote:

> Also, would it make sense to combine Redis and Varnish on one system?

For security reasons NO! As both systems do not share resources, I do not
see any benefit for performance reasons either.

> And, last but bot least: if NoSQL is a way to go, would other DB
> technically be qualified cempetitors, too (like MongoDB, CouchDB) or is
> there a specific reason why Redis is the number-one choice (aside from
> the fact that there are no implementations for the other DBs)?

If there provide tagging or at least a key-value store, you can just copy
one of the existing backends and adapt the calls to the system specific
functions.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!