[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 cache -> Redis

Robert Wildling rowild at gmx.net
Tue Nov 26 10:55:10 CET 2013

Hi, dear dev-team,

I just stumbled upon the possibility to externalize TYPO3 caches to a
NoSQL database, Redis in particular.

Is anyone here who could share some experience with that? I am supposed
to implement it on a really huge site with lots of domains in a single
tree enviroment, lots of editors, lots of languages (a university site).
So editors (BE) as well as fe_users use the site quite frequently on a
daily basis. Is there anything I have to specifically take care of as
to, e.g., keep forms "uncached", watch out where to place cookies etc.

Also, would it make sense to combine Redis and Varnish on one system?

And, last but bot least: if NoSQL is a way to go, would other DB
technically be qualified cempetitors, too (like MongoDB, CouchDB) or is
there a specific reason why Redis is the number-one choice (aside from
the fact that there are no implementations for the other DBs)?

Thanks!
Robert