[TYPO3-dev] Status of "devlog" extension

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Mon Jun 17 12:08:37 CEST 2013

Hi.

On 16.06.2013 22:15 François Suter wrote:
> Indeed, with the work you just did I think we can get "devlogging" right
> into the Core, with little extra effort. The main challenge now will be
> to make a really cool BE module to view the log entries.

After evaluating the core for some hours last weekend, the main
challenge to me is to refactor all parts which use sys_log table.
sys_log has a very bad smell. For example: QuickEdit in page module
resolves uid<->NEW12345 relations of new records by querying sys_log
table. *sigh*
Since we don't want two backend modules to display logs, we have to
cleanup sys_log.

--
cheers,
Steffen