[TYPO3-dev] Extension Manager UPDATE! function

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Jul 8 13:54:38 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 7-7-2013 22:04, Stanislas Rolland wrote:
> Code inspection of
> TYPO3\CMS\Extensionmanager\Utility\UpdateScriptUtility and of
> TYPO3\CMS\Extensionmanager\ViewHelpers\UpdateScriptViewHelper, as well
> as testing, will reveal that this is not so, at least in TYPO3
> 6.1.2-dev. If an update script exists, the update icon will always be
> shown even if the access() function returns always FALSE.

Sorry, you're right here. I misread a function name and concluded that
->access() was actually called to decide to display the update icon.

The problem is indeed that all extensions have the class ext_update and
without namespaces that can never work in a list view.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!