[TYPO3-dev] Extension Manager UPDATE! function

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Mon Jul 8 13:43:22 CEST 2013

Hello

Le 06. 07. 13 17:31, Philipp Gampe a écrit :
>> "Update script for static_info_tables
>> Nothing to do: no language pack is installed.
>
> The button is the same as the dropdown in earlier versions.
>
> Actually the script should indicate if does not need to be run; then the
> icon would not be shown.

I do not think that the update script is able to decide this. After the
update to the latest version of static_info_tables I always assume that
some new entries or changes have been made in one of its database
tables. However when I install the new version I am not offered any more
the possibility to reimport all records during the installation. This is
bad. So I want to run the update script manually after the installation
and again the EM refuses to run the script. It only shows an error
message which I do not understand:
"Update script for static_info_tables
Nothing to do: no language pack is installed."

It would be nice to be allowed to decide by myself if I want to import
all records. How could the script decide this? It would have to compare
all records and check if there is any difference. This could take some time.

- Franz