[TYPO3-dev] 6.0 / deleting files the correct way

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Jan 15 16:23:15 CET 2013

Hi Christian,

Christian Weiske wrote:

>  In my eyes, having a file record marked
> as "deleted" is a valid case, and TYPO3 should support it by not
> showing it in the normal file list view.

+1

Files should be marked as deleted, moved to trash after a few days of no
references are left and be deleted by a second task after a longer period.

Usual periods are 30 and 180 days (moved and deleted).

IMHO this should be the default behavior. Direct delete (if no references
are left) should be optional.
It might also depend on the storage if a trash feature is supported. But the
database records should always support delete.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!