[TYPO3-dev] 6.0 / deleting files the correct way

Christian Weiske christian.weiske at netresearch.de
Thu Jan 17 15:48:44 CET 2013

Hello all,

Steffen Ritter now wrote the following in 42294[1]'s review:

> The delete action should definitely delete the file in the file system
> - if and only if no existing relations to the file are present. The
> file list will always show all files present in file system and won't
> show files which are only present in the database

This goes away from the database, working directly on files.

Should the deleted files be at least marked up as deleted, e.g. by
striking them through?

Shouldn't deleting the file also delete the record?

How is trash handled in this case?

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/42294

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-= Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 =-