[TYPO3-dev] Your Input On: 6.x Extension Manager

Jan Kornblum jan.kornblum at gmx.de
Mon Feb 11 09:32:57 CET 2013

Hi Christian,

> * Another feature of the old em was left out for the new one by intention:
> Show required database updates when installing something. Reason: This is
> clearly *not* a detail integrators should take care of, it should be done
> under the hood. If we are serious, nobody ever had a chance of not accepting
> the list of db changes anyway.

Why that? In previous versions there was a button like "make updates"
or "perform updates" (for ext installations and ext updates). At this
point you were able to "accept the list of db changes" or you could
stop the whole process (by not clicking the button and maybe remove the
ext after this or something else).

i definitely want to see what happens to the db *before* i install or
update any extension. each integrator must know about this, too! this
is not only informative, this also could prevent any trouble in certain
cases...

Regards, Jan