[TYPO3-dev] Your Input On: 6.x Extension Manager

Adrien Crivelli adrien.crivelli at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 03:44:07 CET 2013

Hello,

There currently is a discussion going
on<http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-dev/2013-February/046217.html>about
the upload to TER process (more
details here<http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-dev/2013-February/046238.html>).
The aim would be to replace the current workflow with a git-based workflow,
very similar to what was recently done for jQuery
plugins<http://plugins.jquery.com/docs/publish/>.
So publishing an extension would be as simple as a git tag pushing.

This would avoid to re-code the upload to TER part in another extension,
and progressively deprecate the existing API on TER servers. And,
obviously, I hope that every developer will agree with me that the workflow
is much more developer-friendly.

To me, it sounds "compatible" with new EM's philosophy and seems to be a
good time to implement it (or rather not re-implement it as an extension
;-) ).

What do you think ?

Cheers,

Adrien