[TYPO3-dev] Re: Give +1 for the Extension Feedback Process

Elmar Hinz t3elmar at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 29 21:23:50 CEST 2013

> I did read the plan and I'd say that it is probably useful to collect
> the information, but that we need expert input to evaluate it and draw
> any conclusions from it.
> I honestly don't think that we will ever be able to use the votes for a
> filter like "only show extensions compatible with version x.x".
> With a solid statistical foundation we might display "something" to
> indicate the user feedback, including "something" to show that there is
> not enough feedback for a valid conclusion.

Hello Jigal,

I share your concerns, but if I get the feedback 66/88 for the current versions,
than I am already lucky as a develper.

Then I know, that people use my work and that a majority of them get it runnig.
If the new version suddenly displays 8/44 then I know that something is broken.

The inteligent user of the extension can also interpret the numbers.

Solid statistical data we only get for a dozen extensions like news, tt_news, etc.
But that would already justify to sort them automatically on top of the others.

Elmar