[TYPO3-dev] Give +1 for the Extension Feedback Process

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Apr 29 19:15:36 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 29-4-2013 13:11, Elmar Hinz wrote:
>> Do you mean, *everyone* has the option to "claim" that my extension is
>> not working with his/her setup? So, if my extension does not work due
>> to whatever reason, someone can simply click the "NO" button ("this
>> extension does not work") and the TER stores this information?
> Did you read the project plan? I contains the details, so you don't
> have to guess.
>
> https://github.com/t3elmar/ExtensionFeedback

I did read the plan and I'd say that it is probably useful to collect
the information, but that we need expert input to evaluate it and draw
any conclusions from it.
I honestly don't think that we will ever be able to use the votes for a
filter like "only show extensions compatible with version x.x".
With a solid statistical foundation we might display "something" to
indicate the user feedback, including "something" to show that there is
not enough feedback for a valid conclusion.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!