[TYPO3-dev] ReST documentation from extensions

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Apr 5 12:13:42 CEST 2013

Hi Xavier,

Xavier Perseguers wrote:

> We have a few possibilities:
>
> 1) Do nothing: ask the author to put a PDF or OOo as well

I guess only few people will actually do this.

> 2) Generate a PDF on TER while uploading the extension and "repackaging
> it" (don't like it but possible)

Extensions should not automatically be modified.

> 3) Show the online HTML version (won't work for Intranet disconnected
> from "the world")

Possible as fallback to 1).

> 4) Ask the author to provide a HTML version as well

Would be best.

> 5) Locally render the documentation

Not that easy.

What we currently look at the extension sprint is, to ask the build server
to render the doc for you and then you can upload your extension with the
documentation.

I quite like the idea to have the HTML locally available.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!