[TYPO3-dev] Re: Re: ReST documentation from extensions

Elmar Hinz t3elmar at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 5 18:06:32 CEST 2013

> >> 5) Locally render the documentation
> >
> > See 4)
>
> By "locally" I meant "within the TYPO3 install"... :-)

Locally can mean before upload or after download. In both cases it is not easy,
to deploy a working rendering environment to all those local machines. It's far
more yielding results to do it in a centralized place on the server.

On the other hand you need a working local renderer to check, if your documentation
is properly formatted, during writing. So it is essential to have at least a minimal
solution within the "TYPO3 install" to get people writing docs at all.

Assumung http://code.google.com/p/php-restructuredtext/ is the only solution that
would work out of the box, it would be essential to ship it with TYPO3 for a minimal
writing.

But it doesn't replace the need to do server-side rendering for Sphinx, PDF and all.

Regards

Elmar