[TYPO3-dev] OpenSuSE packages for Typo3

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Sep 13 20:07:56 CEST 2012

Hi ben,

ben van 't ende wrote:

> @Philip: How is your effort coming along and would that also mean that the
> packages run on Red Hat? I am guessing yes. Is there anything we can do in
> that area? Maybe we could highlight the packaging in a separate article.

I have not (really) started yet.

I have a fried who already did packaging who I can ask a few things.
My plan is to create a real repository accessible via HTTP/FTP and host this
on my homepage for the beginning. If it turns out to be stable, I would of
course prefer to host this in t3o.

Regarding your question about redhat, yes all rpm's should run on any rpm
based system - of course including redhat.
To be more precise, Fedora is the playground if redhat and the upcomming
Fedora 18 will most like be the base for the next RHEL, thus yes those
packages will be fully redhat compatible.
I think the most problem for RHEL based systems are the outdated PHP
versions. I will need to have a look at this.

I will be on holiday the next weeks, but I will attend the code sprint in
Linz comming up soon. Maybe I find some time there to create a few packages
and a basic repository. But I can not promise that.

Cheers
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!