[TYPO3-dev] OpenSuSE packages for Typo3

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Tue Sep 18 13:56:52 CEST 2012

Hi Thomas,

Am 11.09.12 08:19, schrieb Thomas Worm:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I currently built Typo3 as RPM modules for OpenSuSE, so it will be
> delivered with this distribution.
>
> The links to the projects in OpenSuSE Build Service are:
> - Typo3 Instance Management Utility:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=typo3-manager&project=server%3Aphp%3Aapplications
> - Typo3 version 4.5:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=typo3-4_5&project=server%3Aphp%3Aapplications
> - Typo3 version 4.6:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=typo3-4_6&project=server%3Aphp%3Aapplications
> - Typo3 version 4.7:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=typo3-4_7&project=server%3Aphp%3Aapplications

Thanks for your work on these packages. Do these packages contain a
blank TYPO3 site or is there some content already (like in the
Introduction Package).

How does creating those packages work? Is it a manual process or can it
be triggered automatically (e.g. using Jenkins, Ant/Phing, ...)? This
question seems to be important if it comes to Security Releases of the
TYPO3 Core - it would be great if the SuSE packages could be upgraded
within a given period of some minutes/hours.

> Please feel free to contribute to this packages, so that there will be easy
> to install packages for OpenSuSE.
> Especially the Instance Management Utility needs some further work (It
> currently installs a typo3 instance and notes it into an instance database;
> but it is lack of functionality for changing versions, update instances and
> delete instances).

This sounds like the deployment part that affects upgrading and
migration to newer versions. There's a TYPO3 Console project (currently
on hold) that allows to perform several basic actions on the command line.
Besides that, there are other vendors that might ship a TYPO3 Package
for their environment (e.g. Plesk) which utilize APSstandard
(http://apsstandard.org) to keep track of the required upgrades.

If you need support on that, don't hesitate to contact me directly -
otherwise, this list is just fine as well.

Cheers,
Olly
--
Oliver Hader