[TYPO3-dev] OpenSuSE packages for Typo3

ben van 't ende ben.vantende at typo3.org
Thu Sep 13 15:46:55 CEST 2012

Hey Thomas - Philip,

That is really great. Would the TYPO3 Instance Management Utility be something
like the Introduction Package:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-introduction? I discussed a TYPO3
package already sometimes with Jos Poortvliet, your community manager. Great you
picked that up. You mention stuff that still needs to be done. Is that something
you feel responsible for? Of course it would be cool if we have some other Open
Suse user to support the package effort, but as far as I can see it usually
comes down to an individual effort. If there is anything I can do then let me
know. If the package is 'officially' included (dunno what that would officially
mean) we can give it some exposure on the /download page.

@Philip: How is your effort coming along and would that also mean that the
packages run on Red Hat? I am guessing yes. Is there anything we can do in that
area? Maybe we could highlight the packaging in a separate article.

I just checked the Debian package: http://packages.debian.org/sid/typo3 and the
LTS version is up to date there.

I am cc-ing Jos maybe he has some insights to share.

gRTz ben

--
TYPO3 Community Manager