[TYPO3-dev] Writing extension manuals / documentation

Alexander Stehlik alexander.stehlik at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 7 15:01:11 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm currently working on an extension which I would like to release to
the TER (it is an enhancement to the formhandler extension which allows
you the advanced handling of (newsletter) subscriptions).

But I am a bit unsure, which is the best format for writing new
extension manuals at the time being? Should I stick with the "old" sxw
Format? Or should I put the documentation in the wiki? Or should I use
the new reST format? What are the pros and cons for the different formats?

It would be really great if a member of the documentation team could
give some feedback on this. Or maybe there already is a recommended
"best practice" and I just didn't find it?

I would really appreciate your input!

Kind regards,
Alex