[TYPO3-dev] Writing extension manuals / documentation

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 7 17:49:46 CET 2012

Hi,

On 7-1-2012 15:01, Alexander Stehlik wrote:
> But I am a bit unsure, which is the best format for writing new
> extension manuals at the time being? Should I stick with the "old" sxw
> Format? Or should I put the documentation in the wiki? Or should I use
> the new reST format? What are the pros and cons for the different formats?

Currently TER only supports the .sxw format.
The latest template can be found at [1].

Before sending your extension to TER you can test the rendering of the
manual at [2].

For questions to the documentation team you can use the newsgroup
typo3.projects.documentation

[1]
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-documentation/repository/show/official_template/trunk/OpenOffice
[2] http://ter.steffenkamper.info/index.php?id=16