[TYPO3-dev] Character encoding not working

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Tue Jan 10 09:14:29 CET 2012

Hi!

On 09.01.12 23:06, Henjo Hoeksma wrote:

> I am using TYPO3 4.5.* .
>
> The contents of the .vcf is okay. The problem is when I check the encoding
> in my terminal using 'file -I filename.vcf' it shows me it's utf-8...

Can you check my simple example without extbase, just to be sure it's no
extbase issue (still not sure how it could be an extbase issue but OK).

> What happens when you check the encoding of the file? Do you get the iso
> value?

Yes it shows the iso charset and the charachters actually are iso encoded.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel
TYPO3 Security Team Leader, TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org