[TYPO3-dev] Slow BE-Performance in 4.5 - doubled system calls?

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Fri Dec 28 12:54:10 CET 2012

I missed the most important step!

-> Use debian ;)

The worst performance i measured was on solaris (sorry oracle) followed
by Windows. Using debian on the same maschine was just 3 times faster.
During the install just install the lamp stack and NO grafical
userinterface ;)

Regards
Kay

Am 28.12.12 12:52, schrieb Kay Strobach:
> Hello Roland,
>
> i reduced both loading times.
>
> I just sumup the basic steps ;)
>
> 0. Configure PHP (Memory, ...) and Apache
> 1. Install APC
> 2. Tune the apc shm memory size to atleast 128M
>    -> check with apc.php if it's big enough for your use case, cache
>       should be use in more than 99.99% of the hits
> 3. Install mod_status for apache and check if processes are waiting
>    (keep in mind, to protect the status page!)
> 4. adjust the processes of apache to fit your environment
> 5. look for slow queries -> important AND fix them or make them cached!
> 6. localconf.php:
> 	$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['no_pconnect'] = '1';
> 	$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['enableDeprecationLog'] = '';
> 	//reduce logging as much as possible and sensefull
>
> 	$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['pageTree']['preloadLimit'] = 0;
> 	//step by step tree loading
> 7. DROP all unused extensions / cleanup database
> 8. disable .htaccess if possible and make all settings in
>    the .httpdconf files
> 9. use pagespeed to adjust the caching behaviour
>    (in frontend and backend)
> 10. check stats extensions and use piwik, most of the disable the cache
>
> This is just what i remember without taking a look into the
> documentation of mine ;)
>
> Regards
> Kay
>
> Am 27.12.12 11:10, schrieb Roland Hager:
>> Hello Kay
>>
>>> But what i really realized during the setup was, that tunning APC, PHP
>>> and Apache and finally MySQL makes a huge difference in responding
>>> times. (There is also a big bottleneck on solaris somewhere, so
>>> switching to debian was a big step ;))
>>
>> Would be really great to read about your optimizations!
>>

>>> I was able to reduce the response time from 20secs to below 0.2 secs on
>>> typical pages.
>>
>> Realy within the Backend or Frontend ... please say Backend :-)
>>
>> Best regards
>> Roland

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach