[TYPO3-dev] Slow BE-Performance in 4.5 - doubled system calls?

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Fri Dec 28 12:52:07 CET 2012

Hello Roland,

i reduced both loading times.

I just sumup the basic steps ;)

0. Configure PHP (Memory, ...) and Apache
1. Install APC
2. Tune the apc shm memory size to atleast 128M
   -> check with apc.php if it's big enough for your use case, cache
      should be use in more than 99.99% of the hits
3. Install mod_status for apache and check if processes are waiting
   (keep in mind, to protect the status page!)
4. adjust the processes of apache to fit your environment
5. look for slow queries -> important AND fix them or make them cached!
6. localconf.php:
	$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['no_pconnect'] = '1';
	$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['enableDeprecationLog'] = '';
	//reduce logging as much as possible and sensefull

	$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['pageTree']['preloadLimit'] = 0;
	//step by step tree loading
7. DROP all unused extensions / cleanup database
8. disable .htaccess if possible and make all settings in
   the .httpdconf files
9. use pagespeed to adjust the caching behaviour
   (in frontend and backend)
10. check stats extensions and use piwik, most of the disable the cache

This is just what i remember without taking a look into the
documentation of mine ;)

Regards
Kay

Am 27.12.12 11:10, schrieb Roland Hager:
> Hello Kay
>
>> But what i really realized during the setup was, that tunning APC, PHP
>> and Apache and finally MySQL makes a huge difference in responding
>> times. (There is also a big bottleneck on solaris somewhere, so
>> switching to debian was a big step ;))
>
> Would be really great to read about your optimizations!
>

>> I was able to reduce the response time from 20secs to below 0.2 secs on
>> typical pages.
>
> Realy within the Backend or Frontend ... please say Backend :-)
>
> Best regards
> Roland

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach