[TYPO3-dev] Slow BE-Performance in 4.5 - doubled system calls?

Roland Hager roland.hager at tu-berlin.de
Thu Dec 27 10:59:48 CET 2012

Hi Philipp,

> What PHP Version are you using.
>
> If you are still using 5.2, then 5.3 will give you a boost, 5.4 is even
> faster.

We already switched to PHP 5.3.

> You might also want to try different PHP Caches, but I have little knowledge
> about this and I am happy with XCache.

Without the APC the response takes about 0.5s longer. I think that's
quite a good. Maybe another would give us 0.7s but the main problems is
the mysql DB.

> I am not sure about the number of queries, but I noticed too that the core
> does quite a lot of queries which could or better should be cached.
> But there will be no update for 4.5 regarding this as it would require more
> code changes.

I did not expect a Core rewrite for 4.5 :-)
But maybe the awareness / priority could be rised for the future. Not
everybody can reconfigure or optimize the DB configuration but by
reducing DB queries at all everybody could benefit.

> Did you check the latency with the DB server or is it localhost?

It's not localhost but within the same data center, connect via 10G
fibrechannel. Latency is OK.

Best regards
Roland