[TYPO3-dev] Slow BE-Performance in 4.5 - doubled system calls?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed Dec 19 18:22:54 CET 2012

Hi Roland,

Roland Hager wrote:

>> Maybe you should enable the caching framework and take a look if
>> optimizing the caches helps, but I do not thing that those will get you
>> much BE performance.
>
> We already use the caching framework which is fine for the FE but does
> not help a lot, if at all, in the BE.

Yes, I expected this :(

What PHP Version are you using.

If you are still using 5.2, then 5.3 will give you a boost, 5.4 is even
faster.
You might also want to try different PHP Caches, but I have little knowledge
about this and I am happy with XCache.

I am not sure about the number of queries, but I noticed too that the core
does quite a lot of queries which could or better should be cached.
But there will be no update for 4.5 regarding this as it would require more
code changes.
Did you check the latency with the DB server or is it localhost?

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!