[TYPO3-dev] local git mirror og TYPO3 core & submodules

Adrien Crivelli adrien.crivelli at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 12:08:46 CEST 2012

Hi,

I feel I should emphasis that what i suggested, modifying .git/config (not
.gitmodules) will never be versionned. It is not a fork. It is a *local
configuration* which override suggested submodule URL found in .gitmodules.
So you still have a *100% identical mirrors*. But the setup of your local
websites is more complex because you need to edit that file for
every website. I guess you could use some script to automate that. That
would probably be easy to do with *find* and *sed* commands.

I am not saying that's a perfect solution (far from it), but it's different
than directly modifying .gitmodules.

Good luck anyway :)

Adrien

>>> page<http://www.kernel.org/**pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-**