[TYPO3-dev] local git mirror og TYPO3 core & submodules

Lieuwe Hummel l.hummel at drecomm.nl
Thu Aug 9 11:33:23 CEST 2012

Hi Ernesto, Adrien,

Thanks for your replies and information. I made a quick analysis of the
proposed solution to change the .gitmodules. My thoughts are to change
the .gitmodules file to reflect the repository location to our server,
commit the change and to retreive the community changes with git pull
--rebase.
It does not feel right for me for a few reasons:
  - first of all, it's not a 100% clone anymore
  - we checkout a tag, which points to a commit without the change in
    the .gitmodules file. It will not help us.
  - We could merge the community changes, but that will definitely give
    us conflicts somewhere in the future.

Unless I'm missing something, I think it is not easy to set it up for
many websites. For now, I'm thinking to mirror the TYPO3v4/Core.git
repository and leave the core submodules pointing to git.typo3.org
My main decission point is gained advantage <-> ease to use and maintain.

Regards,
Lieuwe

--
Lieuwe Hummel