[TYPO3-dev] update to 4.6 "t3lib_cache_exception_NoSuchCache"

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Oct 13 22:08:02 CEST 2011

ben van 't ende schrieb am 13.10.2011 20:26:

> I updated one of my install to 4.6 from 4.5.6 and get this error in fe
> and be. I cleared temp_cached* files, but ti no result.
>
> Fatal error: Class 't3lib_cache_exception_NoSuchCache' not found in
> /home/typo3_src/typo3_src-4.6.0rc1/t3lib/cache/class.t3lib_cache_manager.php
> on line 129
>
> I cleared temp_cached* files, but with no result. The only real issue I
> find has to do with e-accellerator, which I do not run. Reverting back
> to 4.5.6 gets my fe and be back.
>
> Any suggestions on how to solve this?

This is dubious, because the error indicates that a class was not found
which clearly is there and is also declared in t3lib/core_autoload.php:

't3lib_cache_exception_nosuchcache' => PATH_t3lib .
'cache/exception/class.t3lib_cache_exception_nosuchcache.php',

To me this might indicate that there is some PHP caching (maybe
eAccelerator / APC ...) involved that didn't properly updated itself
after the typo3_src switch. Try to restart the Webserver (Apache) and/or
clean up the opcode caching if it is persistent (i.e. the eaccelerator
cache dir).

Other than that, I can recommend installing the xdebug PHP extension,
which would provide a nice stack trace at the point of this "Fatal
Error", thus helping a lot in finding the origin of the issue.

Cheers,
Ernesto